The 401(k) Shield Process
When dealing with regulations, prudence is process—but only if you can prove it. The 401(k) Shield is a three year cyclical process designed to provide the trustee with direction and documentation in fulfilling your responsibilities to the participants of your plan. Our Accredited Investment Fiduciaries (AIF®) will guide you as you
- Identify and document plan goals and objectives
- Define and document investment criteria
- Establish a schedule
- Create an Investment Policy Statement based on plan criteria.
- Evaluate and document your current plan in light of plan criteria.
- Prepare a written report and recommendations.
- Make or recommend adjustments to plan
- Develop transition plan (if applicable)
- Schedule 401(k) Shield activities.
- Maintain documentation of trustee actions and decisions.
- Retain Independent Fiduciary for evaluation of funds in plan. (optional)
- Investment Performance
- Plan Expenses
- Participant Education Program
- Best practices and regulatory updates
- Requests for proposals (3 year interval)
- Participant Advisory Services (discretionary)